Tours of Romsey Abbey
Our volunteer Abbey Guides are keen to give everyone the chance to get to know Romsey Abbey better. We would like to thank several additional specialists who have agreed to lead some of the tours. The guides offer a ‘General’ tour one week, alternating with a closer look at some special aspect of the church the next.
Amendment to the published programme above:
It has been necessary to swap the tours planned for 4th and 11th September. Therefore, 4th September will now be a General Tour and 11th September will be a tour focusing on Abbey Windows.
- Tours take place every Wednesday afternoon at 3pm from 3rd April 2019 to 30th October 2019
- Tours last 1 hour
- The cost is £5 per person, payable on the day
- Meet the guides inside the Abbey to start your tour
- There’s normally need to book with the exception of:
Groups who should contact the Parish Office. Group tours can be arranged on a day/time to suit the availability of the Group, the Abbey Guides, and Abbey.
If you wish to attend the Bell Tower tour on 19th June as numbers are limited. Please note this is a strenuous climb to the ringing chamber. Ages 8+ only and fitness to climb is essential. Contact the Parish Office to book.
The 3pm Tour on 19th June 2019 is fully booked. An additional Bell Tower Tour will run on 19th June at 4pm. Please contact the Parish Office to book.
- Our Abbey Guides are all volunteers and all tour monies collected is given for Parish funds
- Wheelchair access is easiest via the South Door (on the Church Rooms / South Garth side of the Abbey)
- The floors are mostly level but uneven in places.
The Parish Office: Phone: 01794 513125, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org