We are delighted to announce our Summer series of Lunchtime Recitals in Romsey Abbey.
Admission to Lunchtime Recitals is free but donations to support the work of the parish are welcome. Please see below for Covid-related guidance.
|Tuesday 27th July, 1pm
Winchester District Association of Organists
(Tickets available from 12th July)
|Tuesday 3rd August, 1pm
Lucy Braga – soprano, accompanied by Gilly Slot – piano
Music to soothe the soul by Mozart, Purcell, Handel, Fauré and others
(Tickets available from 19th July)
|Tuesday 17th August, 1pm
Max Bruch’s piano quintet in G minor and Haydn’s string quartet Opus 64 No 5 (the Lark)
(Tickets available from 2nd August)
|Tuesday 24th August, 1pm
David Hall – piano
Abegg variations by Robert Schumann and music by Debussy, Chopin and Poulenc
(Tickets available from 9th August)
|Tuesday 31st August, 1pm
Organist of Baumgartenberg Monastery
(Subject to Covid travel restrictions; tickets available from 12th July)
|Tuesday 7th September, 1pm
Jeffrey Williams – Organ
(Tickets available from 23rd August)
|Tuesday 14th September, 1pm
Ivan Hovorun – piano
(Tickets available from 30th August)
|Tuesday 28th September, 1pm
Alex Wall – Tenor
(Tickets available from 13th September)
Tickets can be booked online at: www.ticketsource.co.uk/romseyabbey (no booking fee)
or from: Romsey Visitor Information Centre, 13 Church Street, Romsey (01794 512987) (£1 booking fee)
The following restrictions will be in force for the June recitals:
- Audience size will be strictly limited.
- Admission will be by ticket. Please bring your ticket with you on the day. If you have a seat numbered 1 to 10 please enter by the North door. If you have a seat numbered 11 to 20 or are in a wheelchair, please enter by the South door.
- A very limited number of tickets may be available on the day, but this cannot be guaranteed.
- Groups must be limited to a maximum of 6 people.
- All performances commence at 1.00 pm unless indicated otherwise. Please arrive at the Abbey in time to be seated 10 minutes before the start time.
- Please wear a face covering whilst moving about the Abbey, unless you have an exemption.
- Please comply with the directions of the Abbey staff and volunteers.
- Details of everyone attending will be recorded for Track & Trace purposes.
- Please do not visit the Abbey if you are unwell of experiencing symptoms.