We are delighted to announce our Autumn series of Lunchtime Recitals in Romsey Abbey.
Admission to Lunchtime Recitals is free but donations to support the work of the parish are welcome.
All performances commence at 1.00 pm unless indicated otherwise. Please arrive at the Abbey in time to be seated 10 minutes before the start time. Please see below for Covid-related guidance.
|Tuesday 12th October, 1pm
Charlotte Constantine (Recorder) and George Castle (Harpsichord)
(Tickets available from 27th September)
|Tuesday 26th October, 1pm
Rebecca White (Soprano) and Claire Tester (Piano)
(Tickets available from 11th October)
|Tuesday 2nd November, 1pm
Rhidian Jones (Organ)
(Tickets available from 18th October)
|Tuesday 9th November, 1pm
Thomas Wharton (Cello) and Julian Williams (Piano)
(Tickets available from 25th October)
|Tuesday 23rd November, 1pm
Sanctus – The Moon Suite
Wells Cathedral commissioned Sanctus to write The Moon Suite for the finale on 1st November of Luke Jerram’s touring artwork: Museum of the Moon. This is an exact 7 metre replica of the moon which is illuminated and suspended over the nave (www.my-moon.org).
The Moon Suite will transform the Abbey into an audio moonscape with ethereal waves of synthesizers, bell trees, chimes and reverie harp accompanied by vocalist Muriele.
(Tickets available from 8th November)
|Tuesday 30th November, 1pm
Ladies Who Lunch (Piano and Violin)
(Tickets available from 15th November)
Lunchtime Recitals will resume in March 2022
Tickets can be booked online at: www.ticketsource.co.uk/romseyabbey (no booking fee)
or from: Romsey Visitor Information Centre, 13 Church Street, Romsey (01794 512987) (£1 booking fee)
A limited number of tickets may be available on the day, but this cannot be guaranteed.
The following restrictions will be in force for the Autumn recitals:
- Audience size will be strictly limited until 23rd October.
- Details of everyone attending a recital will be recorded for Track & Trace purposes.
- Admission will be by ticket pre-booked on-line. Please bring your ticket with you on the day.
- If you have a seat numbered 1 to 10 please enter by the North door. If you have a seat numbered 11 to 20 or are in a wheelchair, please enter by the South door.
- Please wear a face covering whilst moving about the Abbey, unless you have an exemption.
- Please comply with the directions of the Abbey staff and volunteers.
- Please do not visit the Abbey if you are unwell or experiencing symptoms.