ROMSEY ABBEY IS LOOKING TO APPOINT AN
ASSISTANT Director of Music
The Parish of Romsey seeks an Assistant Director of Music who will work closely with the Director of Music as an integral part of the music and ministry teams. We aim to further develop our boys’ and girls’ choirs, producing high quality choral music as part of our worship and mission development, in the context of our Parish vision – Living, Loving, Serving.
Annual Salary: £6,000
Location: Romsey Abbey
We are looking for someone
- Who has or is in sympathy with the Christian faith and lives with Christian ethos and values.
- Who will support choral music and the choirs:
- as part of the mission and ministry of the Abbey,
- in accord with the parish as it develops its parish mission action plan (pMAP).
- Who can work collaboratively and harmoniously with the Director of Music, choristers, parents, adult singers, musicians, clergy, the staff team, volunteers, parishioners and external organisations.
- Who will support the high standards of choral music, as well as diversity and parity of opportunity, across the choirs.
- Who will support the Director of Music to encourage and motivate young choristers and adults
- Who will be open and flexible, supportive of our Parish Mission Action Plan process and any potential new developments that might arise
- Who will work within the principles, policies and practices of Romsey Abbey.
Closing date: noon on Saturday 18 December 2021
Interviews: Saturday 8 January 2022
Please email your application to: email@example.com
or post to
Romsey Abbey Parish Office, Church Lane, Romsey, SO51 8EP (Please mark the envelope with Assistant DoM Application)
In case of questions please contact the Parish Office:
Tel: 01794 513 125