COVID-19 – The Wednesday 2020 tour programme and Group Tours are currently suspended until further notice.
Our volunteer Abbey Guides are keen to give everyone the chance to get to know Romsey Abbey better and offer the following:
a) A programme of weekly tours from April to October. There is no need to book unless you are a group. Just turn up! The programme for 2020 is here. Copies are also available in the Abbey.
b) Guided tours for groups. These must be booked in advance via the Parish Office. Tours can be arranged at a time and date to suit your group during the Abbey’s opening hours and subject to availability of the Abbey.
General information about all Group Tours:
- Tours last 1 hour
- The cost is £5 per person
- Payment should be made to the Abbey Guide
- Wheelchair access is easiest via the South Door (on the Church Rooms / South Garth side)
- Floors inside the Abbey are mostly level but uneven in places
- Abbey Guides are volunteers and all monies collected are for Parish funds
- There are no catering facilities on site but there are a number of places to eat/drink/coffee shops within 5 minutes walk
- Please check the ‘Travel Information’ page of our website particularly if your group is planning to travel by coach
To contact the Parish Office (Monday to Friday except Bank Holidays):
Phone: 01794 513125, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org