Safeguarding Parish of Romsey
Safeguarding in the Parish of Romsey
The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church.
The Parish of Romsey is committed to:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture.
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church.
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
Safeguarding Policy Statement
The PCC of the Parish of Romsey accepts and adopts in full the contents of The Church of England’s Safeguarding Policy for Children, young people and adults, “Promoting a Safer Church”. (July 2017)
Reporting Safeguarding Concerns
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from the Parish Safeguarding Officer or, if necessary, report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
The Parish Safeguarding Officer is Sarah Riley.
Alternatively, you can contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Officer, Jackie Rowlands.
Phone 01962 737317 or 07921 865374
Hampshire County Council out of hours service 0300 555 1373
For all emergency situations, contact the police on 999.
In line with the policy of the Church of England, all volunteers who are involved with children or potentially vulnerable adults will be appointed using the Safer Recruitment procedure. This involves an application form, a confidential declaration, provision of references and a criminal record check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Volunteers will be asked to undertake training as specified in the Church of England Safeguarding Training and Development guidance.
Download our Safeguarding Policy here